Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

Because it was my release week, I totally forgot about this: (Bad, R.W.)

So here are my answers. I will debut the cover sometime next week. And I've included a sneak peak for my first indie release, My Soul to Claim.

In return, I had tagged Billy London, Janet Eckford, Naomi Jones, and Nevea Lane. Janet and Nevea have already completed theirs, if you haven't already done so, please go take a look at what they have in store for us. (I, for one, can't wait!)

Check it out!


What is the working title of your book? My Soul to Claim
Where did the idea come from for the book? My love of vampires, of course. And wanting to find a book that had a strong female lead and not finding one
What genre does your book fall under? Paranormal, interracial, vampire
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie? Zoe Kravitz and Michael Fassbender
What is a one sentence synopsis of your book? Genevieve’s ex husband Sabian asks for her help in finding his white whale before he retires from the bounty hunting game.
Will your book be self published or represented by an agency/publisher? Self Pub
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? It’s been in development for three years.
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? I don’t know if there are any. In terms of voice, I’d compare it to Shadowfae by Karen Marie Moning
Who or What inspired you to write this book? Basically, Genevieve started talking and wouldn’t shut up. I was in the middle of writing Nocturne when she made her debut
What else about your book might interest the reader? It’s hot. Because there aren’t a lot of interracial vampire stories, I know there are fans out there, because I get mail from them. I wanted to give them something they can sink their teeth into.

Excerpt of My Soul to Claim:

   The evening finds me at my desk. A cup of warm blood in my hands. I sip it slowly. Savoring the metallic taste.  I check my email. Nothing but junk from Barney’s department store and some guy named Steve promising to send me a thousand dollars. The door that leads to the street swings open. I look up. Gasp. I am not surprised to see him standing in my door way. I am surprised that my heart still flutters. That my mouth goes dry. And why are my hand trembling. 

"Genevieve," He says.

                His hair is different. The blond curls fall to his shoulders.  His black overcoat fluttered in the slight movement as he walks his tall muscular frame down my basement steps. I inhale sharply. His earthy scent fills my nostrils. Snow litters the shoulder of his coat and the top of his head. After all this time, he still takes my breath away. I set down the mug before I drop it and rise to my feet.
                “Sabian.”
                “I got your call. I take it you go mine.”
               His low husky voice sent shivers down my spine. I almost stripped right there and then.  I move around the desk and find myself in his arms. I hug him quickly, but not before I felt the hardness of his chest against my cheek, then let him go and move across the room to stand by the bookcase were it was safe. A light stubble of hair coats his chin, giving him a rugged look. I inhale a shaky breath.
                “You look amazing,” he says.
                I shrug. I curse that I had on my I-don’t-care outfit; a pink long sleeved t-shirt and white jogging pants with sneakers. My long black hair was pulled back into a ponytail. I had no makeup on. I feel his dark eyes linger on my cleavage beneath my v-neck. I wasn’t mad. I knew he was a breast man. At least he still found me attractive. Bella nips at his heels. He stoops to stroke her back as I move to the beverage warmer and offer him a mug. He takes it. The yellow mug dwarfed by his large tan hands.
                “I hear you’re moving up. Assistant to the council president. Congrats.”
                He smiles. “Thanks.”
                “I’m impressed.”
                After taking a sip, he sets the mug on the desk next to mine. “I always wanted to rule with you by my side.”
                I blush. “Sabian…”
            I knew it was a lifelong dream of his to become a Master one day. It was one of the things we would talk about as we lay in bed until the late hours of the morning. He would be master and I, his first lady. We would settle into a lair somewhere on a tropical island and give up life on the road. I almost sigh. I miss those times more than anything. When we would just talk about everything and nothing.
                He waves off his comment with the flick of his wrist. “Anyway, that’s not why I’m here.”
                “What’s going on?”
                “You remember that entity I was tracking? The one that was collecting souls?”
                I nod. Sabian talked about this Donovan nonstop while we were married. It was one of the things that drove me crazy about hi. He was obsessed with catching this monster and I can’t say that I blame him. This is the same vampire that had half eaten me to take my soul. He was also the reason Sabian had to turn me to keep me from dying.
              “He’s resurfaced. Stronger than ever. I need your help to bring him down. One last score before I take office.”
                “Why me?”
                “Because we work amazing as a pair. You’re the only one I trust with this.”
            While I know he’s right, there isn’t anyone else that is crazy enough to go up against a monster like Donovan with him, I also know this man like the back of my hand. I spend over a decade with him and know when he’s hiding something from me.
                “What aren’t you telling me?” I ask as I cross my arms over my chest.
                “You always knew me well.”
            His smile is disarming. I raise my eyebrow.
                “And?”
                “I found your soul.  If you chose, I can make you human.” 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I'm there! Love, a wronged person and revenge...yes! And the main characters were married! I LOVE to read this stuff! Yay!

    Ljay

    ReplyDelete